Email MeAndy Veazey
Andy Veazey is a founding partner of Huval Veazey Felder & Renegar, and his practice is primarily concentrated in the areas of complex commercial and personal injury litigation, oil and gas litigation and insurance coverage issues. Approximately 15% of his practice is dedicated to advising business clients on transactional matters. He is admitted to practice in all State Courts in Louisiana, the United States District Court for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. He is also licensed to practice in the State of Texas, and has an AV Rating with Martindale-Hubbell.
Andy is married to the former Patrice Alexander. They have four children, Paul, Ann, Lily and Eloise, and reside in Abbeville, Louisiana.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- AD Summation iBlaze
- Preparation of Litigation Budgets
- Preparation of Litigation Risk Analyses, Dependency Diagrams and Decision Trees for complex cases
Areas of Practice
- Commercial and Personal Injury Litigation
- Oil and Gas Litigation
- Insurance Coverage Issues
- Employment-Related and Non-Competition Disputes
- 85% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Louisiana, 1992
- Texas, 1999
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- J.D. - 1992
- Louisiana State University
- B.S. - 1989
- Major: Accounting
- • Acadian Cypress & Hardwood, Inc. v. Stewart , No. 2012 CA 1425 (La. App. 1 Cir. 3/22/2013), 121 So.3d 667
- • Oracle 1031 Exchange, LLC et. al. v. Leonard Bourque, et. al., No. 11-1133, 85 So.3d 736 (La. App. 3 Cir. 2012)
- • Fruge v. Ulterra Drilling Techs., L.P., Civil Action No. 07-789, U.S. District Court for the W.D. LA., Lafayette Division, 724 F.Supp.2d 631; 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 70574 (2010)
- • Southwest La. Healthcare Sys. v. MBIA Ins. Corp., NO. 05-1299, U.S. District Court for the W.D. LA, Lake Charles Division, 2008 WL 5155752, 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 102924
- • Fairfield Ins. Co. v. Stephens Martin Paving, LP, No. 04-0728, 246 S.W.3d 653 (TX 2008)
- • Excess Underwriters at Lloyd's v. Frank's Casing Crew & Rental Tools, Inc., No. 02-0730, 246 S.W.3d 42; 2008 (TX. 2008); Tex. LEXIS 92; 51 Tex. Sup. J. 397
- • Chavers v. Bright Truck Leasing, No. 06-1011 (La. App. 3 Cir. 12/06/06); 945 So. 2d 838; 2006 La. App. LEXIS 2754
- • In re EDC Contr. Ins. Litigation, No. CW 05-1064, (La. App. 3 Cir. 05/24/06); 931 So. 2d 462
- • In re EDC Contr. Ins. Litigation, No. 04-235 (La. App. 3 Cir. 09/29/04); 885 So. 2d 58 (2004)
- • Nat'l Union Fire Ins. Co. v. Crocker, No. 06-0868, 246 S.W.3d 603 (TX 2006)
- • Regency Constr., Inc. v. Lafayette City-Parish Consol. Gov't, CW 03-313 (La. App. 3 Cir. 06/12/03); 847 So. 2d 796; 2003 La. App. LEXIS 1753
- • Conoco, Inc. v. Medic Sys., No. 00-31166, 259 F.3d 369 (5th Cir. 2001); 2001 U.S. App. LEXIS 16002; 17 I.E.R. Cas. (BNA) 1419
- • Thibodeaux v. Ferrellgas, Inc., No. CW97-1267 (La. App. 3 Cir. 07/29/98); 717 So. 2d 668
- • O'Neill v. Thibodeaux, No. 97-1065 (La. App. 3 Cir. 03/06/98); 709 So. 2d 962; 1998
- • Dragon v. Schultz, No. 97-CA-664 (La. App. 5 Cir. 01/14/98), 707 So. 2d 1274
- • Society of the Roman Catholic Church v. Interstate Fire & Cas. Co., No. 95-31078., 126 F.3d 727 (5th Cir. 1997); 1997 U.S. App. LEXIS 29921; 47 Fed. R. Evid. Serv. (Callaghan) 1406
- • Representation of major oil and gas company on claims for scope of and rights granted under pipeline servitudes acquired by them
- • Representation of large independent oil and gas exploration company on claims for property damage, nuisance and remediation damages stemming from gas well blowout
- • Representation of major oil and gas company in a large toxic tort mass action and class action alleging injuries resulting from chemical exposure and airborne release of chemicals.
- • Representation major oil and gas company in an environmental tort claim by Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development alleging groundwater contamination stemming from underground pipeline release.
- • Representation of major oil and gas company in insurance claims against multiple insurers under commercial policies stemming from thousands of personal injury claims relating to chemical pipeline release.
- • Representation of major oil and gas company regarding advice on applicability and interpretation of Alternative Dispute Resolution Agreement to various claims stemming from chemical spill.
- • Represented oil and gas service company in claim for severe injuries sustained by worker in rig accident involving separation of MWD assembly and standpipe.
- • Defense of real estate developers in claim by investors alleging securities violations, Civil RICO and breach of fiduciary duty claims.
- • Representation of large servitude owner in Concursus/Interpleader proceeding involving dispute over ownership of royalty proceeds from oil and gas production.
- • Representation of refinery owner in defense and indemnity claim against sub-contractor for claims by sub-contractor’s employee.
- • Representation of group of royalty owners in claims for penalties and attorneys fee for willful or unreasonable delays in payment of royalties.
- • Representation of oil and gas service company defense of claims for serious injuries sustained by employee in accident on offshore platform and claim and third party claims for defense, indemnity and insurance coverage and against third party sling manufacturer.
- • Representation of small business in administrative claims by LDEQ alleging violations for particulates emissions.
- • Representation of electrical sub-contractor on various collection matters and claims under Louisiana Private Works Act and Louisiana Public Works Act.
- • Representation of oil and gas service company on claims for injunctive relief stemming from trade secrets misappropriation.
- • Representation of engineering contractor in drafting and negotiation of multi-million dollar services contract with Louisiana Utility.
- • Representation of plaintiff in claim for catastrophic injuries sustained from medical malpractice in post-surgical care following nephrectomy.
- • Representation of driver in wrongful death action and claim for exemplary damages stemming from alcohol-related accident.
- • Representation of shopping center owner in claim for injuries sustained by cus-tomer in fall.
- • Representation of manufacturer of recalled heart defibrillator as local counsel in MDL proceeding alleging product defects.
- • Representation of landowner regarding ownership, use and maintenance of servitude created in partition.
- • Representation of hedge funds as local counsel in claim for wrongful disclosure of confidential information in bond sale.
- • Representation of local broker of telecommunications services in collection matter involving demand for arbitration pursuant to Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards.
- • Representation of out of state contractor on public bid dispute concerning contract for post-hurricane debris removal.
- • Representation of food products manufacturer and distributor on claims alleging trade secret misappropriation and violation of non-compete agreements.
- • Representation of refinery owner in toxic tort claim alleging injuries stemming from benzene exposure.
- • Representation of small businesses and landowners on claims for business economic losses and damages to the wetlands stemming from BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill
- • Representation of Civil Service employee stemming from wrongful termination
- • Representation of employee for wrongful termination and protection from reprisal for cooperation in criminal investigation of public body
- • Indemnity and Workers Compensation Issues Stemming from Workplace Torts in Louisiana, Louisiana State Bar Association Disney Seminar, February 11, 2013
- • Law Office Technology: Using Speech Recognition Software and a Paperless Law Office to Improve Client Service, John M. Duhe Inn of Court, February 11, 2013
- • Products Liability, Indemnity and Workers Compensation Issues Stemming from Workplace Torts in Louisiana, Private Client Seminar, September 24, 2009
- • Products Liability, Indemnity and Workers Compensation Issues Stemming from Workplace Torts in Louisiana, Private Client Seminar, May 8, 2008
- • Safekeeping Client’s and Third Party’s Property in Lawyer’s Trust Accounts, John M. Duhe Inn of Court, January 11, 2007
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Small Law Firm Award - Lafayette Volunteer Lawyers, 2005, 2009-2012
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Lafayette Parish, Member
- Louisiana, Member
- Texas Bar Association, Member
- John M. Duhe Inn of Court, Master
- Lafayette and the Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Jeansonne & Remondet, Senior Associate, 1995 - 2003
- Hon. Richard J. Putnam, U.S. District Judge, W.D.LA, Law Clerk, 1993 - 1994
- Hon. J. Byron Hebert, La. 15th Judicial District Court, Law Clerk, 1992 - 1993
Pro Bono Activities
- Lafayette Volunteer Lawyers, 1998 - Present