What happens when the officers who are sworn to protect the citizenry abuse their authority? If you have been subjected to physical abuse or other mistreatment at the hands of law enforcement, you may have grounds for a civil rights lawsuit against the city, the parish or the state.
The law firm of Huval Veazey Felder & Renegar, LLC, pursues justice for those who have been harmed by excessive use of force, false arrest and other police misconduct. With offices in Lafayette and Covington, our attorneys represent individuals in the Greater New Orleans area, southern Louisiana and statewide.
Covington And Lafayette Lawyers For Police
False Arrest And Other Civil Rights Violations
Citizens have the right to be free from discrimination, harassment, oppression and abuse of power by law enforcement agencies. Our experienced trial lawyers can knowledgeably invoke your rights and remedies under the U.S. Constitution, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and other state and federal laws.
We represent citizens in civil actions against police departments, sheriff's offices, the Louisiana State Police or other governmental entities for:
- Excessive use of force — Assault and battery by officers, including malicious use of Tasers, pepper spray or police dogs
- False arrest and racial profiling — Unwarranted traffic stops, patdowns or harassment based on race or ethnicity rather than probable cause
- False imprisonment or malicious prosecution — Unfounded charges of resisting arrest or assault on a police officer, unlawful detainment, planted evidence or illegal search and seizure of property
- Jail or prison abuse — Assault or sexual assault by correctional staff, failure to protect from assault by fellow inmates, failure to provide medical treatment
- Discrimination — Discriminatory treatment or refusal of service based on race, religion, ethnic origin, disability, gender or other protected class
If you were injured, publicly humiliated or otherwise harmed by police misconduct or civil rights violations, the legal team at Huval Veazey Felder & Renegar, LLC, will pursue compensation for medical care, lasting disability, pain and suffering, emotional distress and other damages.
Victim Of Police Misconduct? Deprived Of Your Rights?
Contact us today for a free consultation to discuss your possible claim with one of our Covington civil rights lawyers.